1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Worked as a stay at home mom harder than I 've worked at any paying job.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. I don't make them, they are meant to be broken.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lora, Jenni, Marisa. And those are the ones I can name right now, I'm sure there are more.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Great Aunt Margaret, and my cat Lily.
5. What countries did you visit?
No out of country travel this year, but I did take an infant on 4 different airplane trips, does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Election Day. It was a HUGE deal, and I'm the type who doesn't give a poo about politics.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being a mom.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not standing up for myself more in my professional life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thank goodness. All illnesses ended at the end of my pregnancy at the end of 2007!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new car. 2009 Subaru Forester.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage, daycare, and groceries.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Southern California.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That Coldplay Viva la Vida song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, because I now have a grasp on this mothering thing
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer monitarily, however, we are learning to do more and live more with less. (except the new car)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Getting out to do "my thing" whatever that might be at the moment.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being mean to Jeff when I'm tired and the baby is crying, and I just want to rest.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Snowed in, with in laws visiting.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, Ryan came home from the hospital one year ago today. That was when we really started to bond. All the tubes and machines were gone and we had a real live baby!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office and Weeds
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
T-mobile at home. It's not a person, but it hardly ever works!
24. What was the best book you read?
Love in the Time of Cholera
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That you can get free songs from Starbucks once a week.
26. What did you want and get?
A new and bigger car.
27. What did you want and not get?
Paid for staying home with my baby, and free health insurance.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Australia. Does it count that it is the only film I've seen in a theater in 6 months?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for Mexican with my husband, son and mother in law. 32.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A baby that sleeps through the night more than once a week.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Can you say I found a pair of jeans that actually fit my no ass self?
32. What kept you sane? Sleeping pills, mommy blogs, and naptime.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy, as in want to sleep with? Edward Norton, except I have NO DESIRE to see the Incredible Hulk.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The idoicy perpetuated by educated people via the forward and reply to all buttons on email.
35. Who did you miss?
My son when I'm at work, my husband when he's at work, my parents and siblings 95% of the time.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I've gotten to know a lot of cool moms along the way.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I can do this mommy thing.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Plant your love and let it grow - Eric Clapton.