Monday, April 21, 2008
Mr. Big Boy is 4 months old!! In the last week, he has grabbed at a toy and rolled over from belly to back. At his checkup today, he got 3 shots, weighed 12 lbs 5 oz, and was 22 inches tall. He is finally on the charts for weight, but fell off for length. I told the Dr. to look at what he's coming from, CJ and I are not exactly giants!
Now we begin the battle of transitioning the boy to sleeping in his crib. I just ended a half hour of screaming by moving the swing into his room and putting him in it for a nap. I thought shots were supposed to make them tired? He is currently swinging away and gnawing on his best friend Soft Bunny with eyes wide open. Occasional coos tell me it ain't going to happen..gotta run, he just crapped himself with one of the loud kind. Sure to be a fun clean up!
Friday, April 18, 2008
I know, I've been terrible. Here is what has happened in the last couple of weeks.
1) RJ had his first trip to the Midwest. He is an EXCELLENT traveler. He only cried on the runway after we landed in Columbus Ohio, after a 2 hour delay. I blamed United Airlines for his crying.
2) RJ got to meet his grandfather, aunts, uncle and cousin while in Columbus. He was very popular. He attended his first funeral, and slept through the entire thing, since it was during his normal sleep time on the west coast.
3) RJ grabbed a toy for the first time yesterday. (see photo)
4) I chopped my hair! This appointment had been moved 3 times, so I was super anxious to get it done! See other photos
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Too bad we're stuck with husbands and kids no matter what! (just kidding) Little RJ has his first cold, thanks to me. I've been sick for a week and the terrible illness struck him down at the stroke of midnight last night. I got a total of 2 hours of sleep this morning after giving him Tylenol. Here are some of the strange activities that I participated in during the wee hours:
- Steam up the bathroom, and soak your socks while holding a screaming, sniffling kid near the steam in the shower stall.
- Open the Vicks vapor rub, but since you're not sure if the baby can handle it or not, gently waft the fragrance in his general direction. Set the open container on the back of the toilet while you sit on the lid holding your baby and wondering why the lids of toilets are so uncomfortable for prolonged sitting.
- Repeatedly plunge the EBE (enormous booger extractor) into your child's nose, attempting to pull out the unseen, but definitely heard offensive snot.
- When you can't get anything OUT of his nose, try spraying some saline INTO his nose, with the hopes of washing it all downstream. (didn't work)
- Go to the car at 3 AM for the Baby Bjorn, which you strap to your chest to keep the child in an upright position so he doesn't drown in his own snot.
- Try to sleep propped up with all of the pillows in the house in the guest room, keeping the baby upright in th Bjorn and periodically checking for breathing.
To top of the extravaganza of snot, we are taking RJ on his first plane ride this weekend. There was a death in CJ's family, so we're heading to Columbus. Hopefully we can get the snot festival under control before then.