- Steam up the bathroom, and soak your socks while holding a screaming, sniffling kid near the steam in the shower stall.
- Open the Vicks vapor rub, but since you're not sure if the baby can handle it or not, gently waft the fragrance in his general direction. Set the open container on the back of the toilet while you sit on the lid holding your baby and wondering why the lids of toilets are so uncomfortable for prolonged sitting.
- Repeatedly plunge the EBE (enormous booger extractor) into your child's nose, attempting to pull out the unseen, but definitely heard offensive snot.
- When you can't get anything OUT of his nose, try spraying some saline INTO his nose, with the hopes of washing it all downstream. (didn't work)
- Go to the car at 3 AM for the Baby Bjorn, which you strap to your chest to keep the child in an upright position so he doesn't drown in his own snot.
- Try to sleep propped up with all of the pillows in the house in the guest room, keeping the baby upright in th Bjorn and periodically checking for breathing.
To top of the extravaganza of snot, we are taking RJ on his first plane ride this weekend. There was a death in CJ's family, so we're heading to Columbus. Hopefully we can get the snot festival under control before then.